Breathe to Repeal – Yoga Fundraiser
Breathe to Repeal is a morning of yoga in support of the Irish referendum on abortion in May.
We invite you to join us to:
– Move & laugh in Vinyasa yoga with Anke (www.balansyoga.be)
– Slow down with super-relaxing Yin yoga guided by Tracey (halfalotus.com)
– Enjoy our beautiful venue, very kindly donated to us for the day
– Meet like-minded people afterwards over tea/coffee/light refreshments
– Show your support for this movement & help raise awareness
What’s it all about?
In May, Ireland will vote in a referendum to repeal the 8th amendment. Abortion in not allowed in Ireland. It has been illegal since the foundation of the state (back in the 1920s) yet every day, 12 women and girls from Ireland have an abortion – it is estimated that 9 travel to the UK and at least 3 risk a 14 year prison sentence to take safe but illegal abortion pills.
We understand that this is a very sensitive issue and it can be divisive but the most important thing is that people are allowed to make a decision – an informed decision with their partner & doctor, for their own health & life.
A vote for Repeal means that Irish laws can be changed to allow a woman to have access to properly regulated healthcare services in Ireland. The referendum decision is on whether to allow the government to legislate on abortion.
Who are we?
We are Irish men & women in Brussels doing what we can to:
– raise awareness on the upcoming referendum in Ireland
– let you know what you can do
– raise funds to support the hard work of the “Coalition to Repeal the Eight Amendment” & “Home to Vote” campaigns
Suggested Donation: 25 Euro
– You can bring your own yoga mat or use one of ours
– Yoga from 11.00 – 13.00
– Tea/coffee/refreshments 13.00 – 14.30
Hope you can join us 🙂